So you new assignment, and probably the one you will work on until the end of the semester is…
You are going to tell a story. Make one up or re-imagine an old story. Something simple though. Maybe a fairy tale, or a nursery rhyme. Pick your poison.
- 12 page “booklet” design, four-color, full-bleed, saddle-stitched. The story happens in 8 to 10 pages
- 12 page storybook website: retask your print design into a website – 12 pages (hyperlinks, yeah)
- 30 second animation (Adobe Animate or Photoshop Cell-frame)
You can use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create the assets to correspond with your text in the story. You must include a photograph of yourself as the designer, illustrator and/or author.
- April 19: Story determined with rough storyboard or a rough “dummy” of the booklet (roughly sketched out ideas of the imagery needed in the story)
- April 28: Mid-assignment critique: all components
- May 5: Booklet and Website due
- May 8 (Final): Animation due – we’ll watch them in class.
This is a big assignment, but you have developed the skills this semester to pull it off… if you keep it simple, focus on the story and if you utilize design (Big D design and little d Design) to solve the problems. We have roughly four weeks to accomplish these three devices (print, web and animation).
You should have questions tomorrow about this assignment.